Thursday 6 December 2012

Questionnaire results

I gave out my questionnaire in order to find out about my target audience, so therefore I handed my questionnaires to 16 people I knew liked Country Music, 8 of these were male and 8 were female. My questionnaire can be found here. 
The first question I asked was how old each person was. I asked this so I could get an idea of the age range that read Country Music Magazines and the age range that would read my magazine. From the results I found that the age ranges from 14-26. There was no one younger than 14 and a few over 26 but only by a few years. 44% of the people I asked were aged 21-26. From this information I can make sure my magazine is aimed at these ages rather than someone aged 45 or 5.

The next question I asked was the favourite Country band/artist of my audience and the four answers that came back were Taylor Swift, Jason Aldean, Carrie Underwood and Rascal Flatts. The most popular of the answers was Carrie Underwood with 40% of the votes. Taylor Swift came a close second with 39% of the votes.
I then asked which was their favourite Country music magazine. Only three different answers came back Country Weekly, Country Music and Country Style. The most popular answer was Country Weekly with 50% of the audience choosing it as their favourite.
When asking how often the audience bought Country Music magazines the most popular answer was Country Weekly with 44% of the votes. From this information I have decided to make my magazine a weekly magazine as this seems to be the most popular option.
Out of the five options I gave for How much your willing to pay only two of the options were ticked - £1+ and 50P. I think people have only chosen this option because they believe that a good magazine should be priced more than at least 50P. I haven't yet fully decided on a price for my magazine but from this feedback I have decided that that price will be more than £1.  
I gave four different options for my magazine name as I wanted to choose a name that was popular with both males and females. From this audience feedback I have decided to choose the name Country Star because it was the most popular answer with 63% of the votes. Another name I could also consider for my magazine could be Country Boots as this took 31% of the votes.
The most popular Colour Swatch is the Poll Top Voted Swatch which was Pastel Blue, Pastel Yellow and Pastel Pink. I have decided to choose this colour swatch because I feel it fits in with the genre and is the most popular answer on both my poll and questionnaire results.
I asked my target audience which Artists that they would like to see featured in my magazine, by featuring the artists that they want to see feautured they will bring in more buyers. The most popular answer out of only three different artists given back was Carrie Underwood with 50% of the votes. The Rascal Flatts was also popular with 37% of people choosing them and13% of people chose Taylor Swift. I will try to mention them all somewhere in my magazine as they seem to be the three artists that will pull in buyers but I will try to focus on Carrie Underwood as she is most popular.
I asked my target audience what they would like to see featured on my double page spread as this is one of the main things in a magazine and it's very important that they double page spread features what your target audience wants to see. The most popular answer was an Artist Interview. I think people chose this option because they like to read about their favourite artist in a way that the artist is answering for themselves rather than the magazine saying they said or did something. An interview is more personal and can seem more one to one for the reader. I didnt expect photoshoots to be the least popular answer with only 8% of the votes so I will now include just a few photo's rather than a lot.
The reason I asked my audience how many images they wanted included throughout the magazine is because I don't want them to feel overcrowded with images or not see enough. Generally Country Music magazines tend to feature a lot of images so when the most popular answer came back as Lots I was pleased as my audience like the typical conventions of a Country Music magazines and also because the images play a big part throughout the magazine.

All together my audience feedback has helped me with many decisions such as the name of my magazine, the amount of images to include and the colour swatch. This feedback has made me more comfortable in making these decisions because I am now certain that my target audience will  like these choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment