Sunday 11 November 2012

MoodBoard

I have been working on my moodboard and including the sort of images I could use inside my magazine. These images have also given me inspiration as to what sort of images I could take for my front cover and double page spread.I have chosen images of guitars because through my research of country music magazines I found that guitars are involved a lot due to their big part in most country songs. The musical notes are just to fit in with the music magazine theme and the more background photo's (the daisy field and the country road) are there because I feel that both of these shots are very conventional with the country music genre. I watched a few country music video's and found that they are mostly set in surroundings such as these two. Carrie Underwood, Kellie Pickler, Payton Rae, Taylor Swift and Keith Urban are some of my personal favourite artists from this genre and found that they cover many country music magazines such as Country Weekly. I have also included words that link in with the country theme and sell lines that can be used on the front cover and double page spread. The colours involved on this moodboard are mostly pastel light colours such as pink, blue, brown and green. These all connote the idea of nature and the country lifestyle so I aim to include these with my music magazine colour palette. The quotes are from country artists I can use as sell lines or as lines from an interview inside the magazine, these can be featured on any point of my magazine.From this moodboard I have learnt about the colour palette's of Country music magazines and the sorts of images involved with them. I know I have many idea's about the images I am going to take for my own magazine and the way I am going to take them e.g I know that I will aim for a light, natural feel and I have decided on a few artists that I can include in my magazine. By researching and going through the different conventions of Country music magazines I have found what I should include in my magazine to make it like the well selling country music magazines.

No comments:

Post a Comment