Thursday 22 November 2012

Conventions I Will Follow

Masthead - My masthead will be located at the top of my magazine in the middle like most music magazines. I haven't completely decided on a font yet but I plan for it to be modern and a serif font which goes against the usual masthead convention of the country music genre e.g  Country Weekly is a sans serif font - very traditional and simple. I am going to aim for my masthead font to be more modern and interesting e.g Country Music.











Slogan - I have decided not to include a slogan on my magazine because through my country genre research I have discovered that no Country magazines have included one.

Anchorage Text - All country music magazines include anchorage text. I will be including this on my front cover and possibly placing it to the left where the audiences eyes will first look due to the Z-rule.

Price - The price of my magazine will be located in the very bottom right - the last place the eyes look. I hope that people would have made up their minds about buying the magazine before they reach the price. If the price is slightly expensive I will make the font size smaller but if it's cheap then I will make the font size larger.

Main Image - I haven't decided fully on my location but have chosen my model. I have chosen my model because she is tall and has blonde hair - this seems to be the typical look of a country girl.

Barcode- My barcode will be located in the bottom right corner of the front page as this is the least important part of the magazine.

Sell Lines- My sell lines will be located down the left and right sides. The main titles will be in bold and slightly larger and the little info paragraphs will be in a smaller font. The style of font will be a more traditional simple as to make it easier for the readers to read.

Layout- The layout of my front page wont be very busy as I feel this will overwhelm people and steer them away from the magazine.

Puff- I wont be including a puff on my magazine as from my research I have noted that no country music magazines have a puff.

Colour Scheme- From my poll results I have decided to use the colour scheme pastel blue, pastel yellow and pastel pink.

No comments:

Post a Comment